3 Steps to being a Warrior for Speed the Light:
Download the information here. Complete the regisration form and turn it into the NC Youth Office along with your $35 registration fee no later than February 17. We will run in teams of 2 or 4 so we are encouraging to get a partner or 3. If you cannot find a partner, we will find someone for you, so don't let that stop you! The date for the race is Saturday, May 10, 2014
2. RAISE THE MONEY
Our goal is that every runner raises $3000. If we do that, in ONE DAY, we will raise $100,000 for Speed the Light!! ! Here are some ideas on how to get started:
1) GIVE PERSONALLY-It starts here. Leaders lead. Set aside some extra money from your paycheck each week. $50 a week for 20 weeks (December-April) would be $1000.
2) SELL SOMETHING-Perhaps the Holy Spirit might nudge you to put some things on Craig’s List or eBay.
3) SPONSORS-Send out sponsor letters to family and friends.
4) FUNDRAISER-A youth group fundraiser could potentially knock out $3000 in a day. A spaghetti dinner with donation. A silent auction. Or check out this idea: www.scrapthelight.com
5) CHURCH OFFERING-National Youth Day is April 27. Ask your pastor to allow the youth to do the service that morning and take an offering for Speed the Light.
6) TEAM/ STUDENT INVOLVEMENT-One question some have been asking is, “Can students do this with me?” The answer is “YES!” We suggest that each student runner individually raise $300 so that they are a part of the entire process. If you put together of 10 and make each person responsible for raising $300 through sponsors, you will have your $3000.
7) DREAM BIG-These are just some ideas. Don’t limit the Holy Spirit and what creative ideas he might want to birth in you! And don’t limit him to just $3000 either. Maybe he will give you an idea for $5000 or $10,000!
Your upper body is an important part of any Warrior Dash fun run. Obstacles
requiring you to climb over walls or pull yourself through thick mud under
netting can be difficult if you don’t have the strength to match your running
endurance. Make sure that you’re training properly by covering all of your
core muscle groups – your triceps, biceps, chest, shoulders, and back.
Building muscle during training while increasing your strength should be the ultimate
goal in your weight lifting program. Body weight exercises such as the chair dip can also
be legitimate ways to make sure you’re prepared like a true Warrior.
Another important part of the Warrior Dash is your ability to run for long stretches at a
time. Endurance for a 4.6 mile run run can be quite a challenge for non-experienced
runners, so we recommend you start training two months prior to your mud run date.
• Develop a running schedule that slowly builds your distance to 4.6 miles at
a time before you start worrying about your how long it takes you do complete the
• In addition, complete the majority of your runs outside instead of inside a
gym or your home. Running indoors on a treadmill isn’t going to give you the same
experience that trail running can, and once you hit the dirt, your legs are really going to
Although this is a great chance to set physical goals and get into shape, don’t
think that you have to be a Olympian to participate! There will be those out there
competing hard and those who just want to have fun and finish. We encourage
you to find a partner and do this with someone together. Walking is more than